You're never too young to develop a green thumb!
The Little Taccas program, named after the tropical plant Tacca integrifolia, gives young children an appreciation for nature and gardening. Aimed at children aged under five years, the fortnightly program features nature-based activities in the Cairns Botanic Gardens precinct, including art and craft, storytelling, sing-alongs and garden discovery walks.
The Little Taccas program is held fortnightly on Thursdays from 10am to noon. Children must be accompanied by a parent or care giver.
Numbers are capped at 15 children per session, with 5 stand-by positions.
Bookings are essential (see below).
Little Taccas dates for 2019
Dates: May 9 and 23, June 6 and 20, July 4 and 18
Bookings open: 8.30am on Monday 29 April
Dates: August 1, 15 and 29, September 12 and 26
Bookings open: Monday 22 July
Dates: October 10 and 24, November 7 and 21, Decemeber 5
Bookings open: Monday 30 September
When bookings open, a form will be available at the bottom of this page (8.30am).
Bookings can include selected dates within the program or the entire program.
Please do not call us once you have submitted the form. We will contact you by email to confirm your place.
Please allow 3 days for our staff to deal with applications. If you have not received a response in 3 days please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 4032 6650.
- Individual bookings only, no groups / child care bookings (with the idea that each parent/carer of child is involved in the activity with the child in their care).
- Children 5 years and under only.
- All children taking part in activity must be registered (babies under 5 months not included).
- Booking of places is done in chronological order of the time the form is received.
- Please ensure you complete all the details correctly to avoid disappointment.
Carers will receive a sms or phone call on the Tuesday prior to confirm attendance.
If you need to cancel please call or SMS 0429 983 252 by 9am on Thursday.