The Cairns Botanic Gardens is the perfect place to hold your next function or corporate event. Our event locations ( PDF, 1.78 MB ) include:
- Flecker Garden Teak Lawn (up to 100 guests)
- Stage Area (up to 100 guests)
- Fitzalan Gardens (up to 50 guests)
- Freshwater Lake (100+ guests)
- Saltwater Lake (100+ guests)
- Visitor Centre (70-seat theatre + 40-seat classroom)
With ample room and parking, as well as facilities including free BBQs, everything is in place to have a successful event.
For more information:
- download our Venue Hire information kit - Tanks Arts Centre and Cairns Botanic Gardens ( PDF, 6.24 MB ) document
- find your ideal spot - see our map of event venues ( PDF, 1.78 MB )
- download the Cairns Botanic Gardens event application form ( PDF, 0.28 MB )
For more information or to request use of the Gardens, please contact the Botanic Gardens Visitor Centre by phone on 07 4032 6650 or email email@example.com.
Commercial filming and photography
The Cairns Botanic Gardens boasts 97 acres of possible locations for your photo shoot or next filming project.
Location scouts will love the choice available to them - from Navy Oil tanks constructed during World War Two, to dense jungle-like foliage and far-reaching water bodies, not to mention the plethora of plant and animal life that call the garden home.
To apply, please complete the online Application for Commercial Filming.
For more information on photo or film shoots at the Gardens, please contact the Visitor Centre on (07) 4032 6650 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Display space for artists and community groups
Emerging artists, professional creatives and community groups can apply to exhibit or display at the Botanic Gardens Visitors Centre. To be considered for inclusion, work must meet specific criteria and respond to one or more of the following themes:
- Local community
Contact Anthony Castles for further information by email A.Castles@cairns.qld.gov.au or phone (07) 4032 6617.