The Cairns Botanic Gardens is a tropical paradise, renowned as one of the best exhibitions of tropical plants in Australia. Come and explore the beauty of tropical plants, relax in stunning surroundings and learn about tropical flora and horticulture.
Gatherings at the Gardens are limited to groups of 40.
All areas of the Cairns Botanic Gardens precinct are now open. Social distancing rules apply.
Some regular tours have also recommenced (see What's On calendar).
- Flecker Gardens, including Watkins Munro Martin Conservatory, open every day from 7.30am to 5.30pm (subject to weather conditions).
- All other garden areas are open around the clock.
- Visitor Centre open 8:30am to 4pm weekdays, 9:30am to 2pm weekends and public holidays, closed Christmas Day.
- Dogs are not allowed in any part of the Cairns Botanic Gardens.
- Phone 4032 6650 for enquiries
- Admission is FREE
Collins Avenue, Edge Hill. The Freshwater and Saltwater Lakes can be easily accessed from Greenslopes Street.
- On-street parking available along Collins Avenue and Greenslopes Street.
- Sunbus stops on Collins Avenue directly outside Flecker Gardens.
- Wheelchair / pram access: some paths in Flecker Garden are not suitable for wheelchairs and prams. The remainder of the gardens, including Centenary Lakes, is fully accessible. Download the accessibility map ( PDF, 3.57 MB ) or view the accessibility map on-screen ( JPG, 0.94 MB ) to identify areas where carer assist is required and areas that are not accessible.