More than a year in the making, the newly redeveloped Munro Martin Parklands (MMP) opened to the public on Sunday 14 August 2016.
Munro Martin Parklands (MMP) is Cairns' newest community gathering place complete with an outdoor performance space. The Parklands boast tropical plantings, vine covered pergolas and arbours and an open-air plaza to encourage passive, casual use of the facility.
The venue is also equipped to host a wide range of shows and since its opening in August 2016 performances have ranged from Queensland Opera’s Barber of Seville, to the new circus of Circa, Grammy Award winning Soweto Gospel Choir and the contemporary music of Passenger.
Survey results indicated very high community satisfaction with 99% happy with the new venue and 94% satisfied with their overall experience at the event.
Munro Martin Parklands is open to the public from 6am to 8.30pm, seven days a week except on ticketed event days.
If rain is forecast on an event day please ensure you dress accordingly and bring a raincoat. Umbrellas are allowed in the venue but are not to be used during the performance as it blocks the view of other patrons.
PLEASE NOTE: Rain ponchos will no longer be provided at events at Munro Martin Parklands due to the environmental impact of these single use plastic products.
Following your visit or at the conclusion of an event in the Parklands, please ensure to clean up your rubbish and dispose of it responsibly in the ample bins provided around the site.
As a Botanic Garden and Cairns Regional Council public asset we ask for your help to reduce waste within the Parklands. Picnics can generate significant amounts of rubbish and it is your responsibility to clean up after yourselves.
Plan your trip to MMP
Upcoming events at Munro Martin Parklands
- Win a Double Pass to see An Evening with The Waifs on Saturday 22 September.
Terms & Conditions
- The competition (Promotional Period) starts on Wednesday 12 September 2018 at 4.30pm and ends Friday 14 September 2018 at 4pm AEST.
- The prize is only valid for the above mentioned show at Munro Martin Parklands in 2018.
- Incomplete, indecipherable, or illegible entries will be deemed invalid, as will entries containing expletives.
- The winner will be selected at random and this decision will be final.
- Winners will be notified via Facebook's private messenger prior to being announced via social media.
- Tickets are not transferable or redeemable for cash.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook.
Saturday 22 September 2018
- 5pm gates open
- 7pm show starts
The Waifs are keeping their promise and returning to Munro Martin Parklands for all those fans that missed out on seeing them at the sold out show last year.
2017 was a soaring year for these original road warriors, completing a sold out national tour, gaining their first #1 album debut on the ARIA Charts and reminding fans that like a bottle of fine wine, they only get better with time.
The Waifs have always had an affectionate, close relationship with their fans, especially in regional Australia. They have built a career out of continually circling Australia as well as touring internationally.
From bustling cities to the farthest regional and coastal towns, they have spent the past 25 plus years reuniting with old friends and gathering new fans, thanks to their enchanting live shows and affable natures.
- BYO blankets or chairs
- BYO food / picnics and soft drinks only
- Strictly no BYO alcohol, a licensed bar is available
- Food available for purchase
This is a ticketed event. Tickets can be purchased via www.ticketlink.com
One price $57
Child (0-12 yrs) Free (must have a ticket)
All ticket prices include booking fee.
Contact Council's Customer Service Centre:
Phone: 1300 69 22 47