As part of Cairns Regional Council’s commitment to continuous improvement, we are upgrading our computer systems.
Impact on suppliers
There will be minimal impact on our suppliers. From Monday 30 March 2020:
- the look and feel of Council's Purchase Orders will vary; and
- you will receive a new Purchase Order number for any outstanding orders.
Action required now
To ensure prompt processing and payment of your invoices, we ask that our suppliers:
1. Start emailing all invoices to email@example.com.
- Submit your invoices as attachments in the email (eg PDF file). No links or zip files.
- Each attachment must contain only ONE invoice and any supporting documentation.
- You can attach multiple invoices in the same email, but each invoice needs to be in a separate file attachment.
2. Confirm all invoices adhere to our invoice requirements as outlined below.
Note: All invoices provided after 30 March 2020 MUST reference the new purchase order number provided by Council.
Please ensure the following details are on your invoice:
- A valid Purchase Order number. (If you haven’t already received a Purchase Order, you will need to contact the Council Officer who requested your services.)
- An invoice number and invoice date.
- GST calculated correctly.
- Addressed to Cairns Regional Council.
All invoices must comply with ATO requirements.
Do not send invoices that have already been, or will be paid, by a corporate credit card. Forward these to your Council contact who has made the payment.
Your invoice will be returned if it does not comply with the above invoice requirements.
We will send an email outlining why your invoice has been returned. Once the information has been amended, please resend the amended invoice to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions and support
For any payment enquiries relating to invoices, such as follow up of payment, please email the Accounts Payable team at email@example.com.
For any procurement queries, email firstname.lastname@example.org.