Cairns Regional Council's 2013-14 Budget was handed down at a Special (Budget) Meeting on Tuesday 25 June 2013.
The 2013-14 Budget features a $132.5 million capital works program, a modest 3.69 per cent rise in general rates and a $3.6 million reduction in debt. Council has made a concerted effort to identify savings and efficiencies to lower its cost of operations whilst maintaining frontline services to the community.
Budget media releases can be viewed below and in the Related Links area at right.
- Mayor's Message
- Media release - Council adopts balanced budget
- Media release - Lake St, drainage feature in $132m capital works program
- Media release - Rates to rise by 3.69 per cent
- Media release - Budget focuses on maintenance and efficiency
- Media release - Commitment given to Tobruk Pool upgrade
- Media release - Amendments to be made at second review