Cairns Regional Council's 2018-2019 Budget was handed down at a Special (Budget) Meeting on Monday 25 June 2018.
The 2018-2019 Budget is Council's sixth consecutive balanced Budget. It features total operating expenditure and total operating revenue of $301 million, and delivers a modest 1.7 per cent general rates increase, in line with CPI.
- Balanced Budget with a total operating expenditure/revenue of $301 million
- Low rate rise
- General rate increase of 1.7% (in line with CPI)
- Utility charges increase by 1.7%
- Broad Capital Works Program worth $165.7m:
- $17.7m to complete CPAC
- $27.2m spend on roads and transport
- $50.5m on water and sewerage infrastructure
- $29.7m on sporting and recreation infrastructure
- $2.1m to start refurbishment of the former Cairns Courthouse
- Stimulating the Economy
- $374m will be spent in the community on resources, materials and services
- $3.7m to support tourism industry and initiatives
- $1.1m to support major sporting and cultural events
- Budget meeting papers and Minutes of Special Meeting held on 25 June 2018
- Budget snapshot ( PDF, 0.72 MB )
- Mayor's Budget message
- 2018-19 Budget Financial Statements & Community Financial Report ( PDF, 1.03 MB ) - including estimated costs of commercial business units, long term financial forecast, Code of Competitive Conduct Statement, Revenue Policy and Revenue Statement.