Council will submit a list of 12 projects for funding under the latest round of the Queensland Government’s Works for Queensland program.
Job-creating maintenance and minor infrastructure projects relating to public assets will be considered for funding. The following projects will be submitted:
- Kerb & Channel / Suburban Enhancement Program – various locations ($3.4M)
- Pavement Rehabilitation – various locations ($3.1M)
- Footpath New / Renewal – Suburban ($1.6M)
- Footpath Renewal – CBD ($1.4M)
- Crystal Cascades Improvements ($1M)
- Balaclava Road Stage 2 ($0.8M)
- Stormwater Pipe Program – various locations ($0.8M)
- Esplanade Plaza Upgrade ($0.7M)
- White Rock Public Open Space and Connectivity Upgrades ($0.6M)
- Gordonvale Heritage Trail ($0.6M)
- Tom Murray Park ($0.3M)
- Collins Avenue Footpath Upgrade ($0.2M)
All successful projects must be completed by 30 June 2021.