Council provided almost $9000 in support of Queensland Youth Week (3-14 April) activities through Community Grant funding.
The annual event celebrates the achievements, vitality, and strength of young people aged 12–25 years.
Recipients of Community Grant funding:
- Tobruk Pool Party, organised by Headspace Cairns with funding provided for up to $2,912 for the hire of Tobruk Pool and its facilities.
- Big Fish Cairns Young Innovators Weekend 2019, organised by YEP Enterprises with funding provided up to the value of $3,000.
- 3 x 3 Street Hustle Basketball and Community Day, organised by PCYC with funding provided up to the value of $3,000.
Council also delivered the following activities to the community:
- Youth Urban Art Exhibition at Manunda Library
- Active Living activities: bouldering, beach volleyball, skateboarding
- Minecraft Workshops @ The Tanks
- Stop Motion Animation Workshops at Manunda Library
- Potter and Pizza Quiz activity with Andy Jones at the City Library