Join the excitement of Sunday on Shields this weekend as The Mad Hatter Musical by Tafe will be in Shields Street along with market stalls, Zumba in the City and live music from atop Nemo the Kombi.
The Mad Hatter, Mic Porter, and his Mischievous TAFE Music Minions will enchant Shields Street visitors with solos, duos and ensembles delivering a Mystical Musical Tea Party of reggae, rock and soul through to swing and cool jazz.
The fourth in an 11-week program, Shields Street will come to life from 11am to 8pm with a full program of entertainment that also includes free face painters and glitter art, and live music from atop Miss Nemo the Kombi.
The Cairns Museum will also be open this Sunday from 10am to 4pm, entry fees apply.
Coinciding with start of Cairns Festival, tomorrow’s (Saturday 24 August) Esplanade Markets will be relocated to Shields Street.
Operating from 8am to 4pm, the Esplanade Markets showcase local, quality products from contemporary jewellery, leather work, pottery, clothes and skincare.
Sunday on Shields – Mad Hatter Musical by Tafe
- 10am to 4pm: Cairns Museum will be open
- 11am to 4pm: Local hand-made Market Stalls
- 11am to 3pm: Face painters and glitter artists
- 11am to 3pm: Mad Hatter Musical by Tafe
- 11.00am Mark Jordan
- 11.20am Gary & Tori
- 11.55pm Chermaine & Florence
- 12.30pm Jessie Lynch
- 1.20pm Naughty Corner
- 2.00pm Footswitch
- 4pm to 5pm: Zumba in the City
- 5pm onwards: Live entertainment on Miss Nemo the Kombi
- Plus more acts and surprises