Join the excitement of Sunday on Shields this weekend as the Farm Comes to Town with a petting zoo, market stalls, live music, line dancers, workshops, Zumba and loads of free children’s entertainment.
Animals from the popular Fun-E-Farm – including geese, chicks, ducklings and even a goat – will feature at this Sunday’s (11 August) event, themed “Farm Comes to Town”.
The second in an 11-week program, Shields Street will come to life from 11am to 8pm with a full program of entertainment including face painters and glitter artists, Story Time for the little ones, workshops and market stalls, Zumba and live music from atop Nemo the Kombi.
Those heading into the CBD are reminded there is free parking available on-street and at the Lake Street multi-storey carpark on Sundays.
Sunday on Shields – Farm Comes to Town program
- 11am to 3pm: Fun-E-Farm with baby farm animals to pet
- 11am to 3pm: Face painters and glitter artists
- 11am to 2pm: Cairns Libraries Story Time
- 11am to 3pm: Sunflower Workshop
- 12 noon to 1pm: Cairns Line Dancers
- 4pm to 5pm: Zumba in the City
- 5pm onwards: Live entertainment on Nemo the Kombi
- Plus more acts and surprises