Cairns Regional Council will spend more than $9 million over the next five years on seven key road infrastructure projects.
Council has been allocated $9.15 million in Federal Government Road to Recovery (R2R) funding for the period 2019/20-2023/24, to implement road improvement projects in the region, based on local priorities.
Projects nominated for this program are:
- Swallow Street upgrade ($500,000)
- Balaclava Road upgrade ($800,000)
- Cairns Road upgrade ($530,000)
- Dexters Bridge renewal ($1.3 million)
- Kewarra Beach to Trinity Beach Link Road ($3.12 million)
- Windarra Street/ Rigg Street signalisation ($1.5 million)
- Rice’s Gully Bridge duplication ($1.4 million)