More than 2100 athletes and supporters from across Australia and internationally have converged on Cairns for the start of the 2019 Great Barrier Reef Masters Games today (23 May 2019).
The Games will be officially opened tonight at The Jack Hotel following the Mantra Muster and March-in through the City Centre. Rolling road closures will be in place as athletes weave their way from the Mantra on the Esplanade, down Shields Street to The Jack Hotel. The March-In starts at 7pm.
Sports schedule for Thursday 23 May 2019:
- Baseball from 11.30am, located at Trinity Beach Sporting Complex,
1 Nautilus Street, Trinity Beach.
- Basketball from 12noon, located at Cairns Basketball Centre, Early Settler Stadium, 289 Aumuller Street, Manunda.
- Cricket from 8.30am, Walker Road Sporting Precinct, 10-20 Walker Road, Edmonton.
- Golf from 12noon, Half Moon Bay Golf Club 66 Wattle Street, Yorkeys Knob.
- Hockey from 8am, Cairns Hockey Association 365 Lake Street, North Cairns.
- Softball from 8am, Walker Road Sporting Precinct 10-20 Walker Road, Edmonton
- Swimming from 2pm, Tobruk Memorial Pool 370 Sheridan Street, Cairns North
The 2019 Great Barrier Reef Masters Games are presented by Cairns Regional Council and proudly supported by the Queensland Government through Tourism and Events Queensland as part of its growing calendar of events in Tropical North Queensland.
The 2019 Great Barrier Reef Masters Games Hub will open today at 8am, and is located at 51 The Esplanade, Cairns. For information on the Great Barrier Reef Masters Games visit www.gbrmg.com.au