Several sporting facilities across Cairns will be upgraded thanks to Council’s latest round of Go Clubs Infrastructure Grants.
Seven clubs will share in $40,000 of funding, designed to assist local sport and recreation organisations improved facilities.
Successful of Go Clubs Infrastructure Grants applicants:
- Edmonton Storm Rugby League Club for development of a concrete slab, $8,564.
- Freshwater Tennis Club for court surface upgrades, $8,000.
- Half Moon Bay Golf Club for ULP and diesel storage tanks, $8,000.
- Redlynch Razorbacks Rugby League for players/parents shade structure, $7,500.
- Barron River Cricket Club for shade sail replacement above spectator seating, $3,936.
- Barron Valley Gymnastics for amenities block upgrades, $2,425.
- Holloways Cairns Croquet Club for bench seating, $1,575.