In light of the Prime Minister’s announcement regarding changes to non-essential gatherings, Cairns Regional Council has suspended the following events and activities, until further notice:
- The Esplanade and Suburban Active Living programs.
- Esplanade Markets and Tanks Markets.
- Green Space Our Place volunteers program.
Council has also taken the following actions:
- Cancellations and no further bookings for the use of outdoor spaces, such as barbecues and parks.
- Cancellations and no further bookings for the use of community halls.
- Suspension of Community Recreational permits.
- Closure of the Bramston Beach campgrounds.
- Closure of the Babinda Rotary Park and Babinda Boulders campgrounds.
- Ticketlink box office closed to the public, but remains contactable by phone, email and online.
Public swimming pools (managed by lessees) remain open with adapted opening hours and increased management and supervision to implement social distancing requirements.
Council’s key priorities remain the safety and wellbeing of staff and the community and continuity of services, as appropriate.