Council services in operation and facilities that are open
Council has assured residents that bin collection services, kerb and roadside maintenance and transfer stations remain open.
Following announcements by the Prime Minister to extend restrictions to help stop the spread of coronavirus, Council has closed a number of events, activities and facilities.
However, there remain many Council facilities and services still open/operating:
- Transfer stations: Open and are operating as usual. Visit the Council website for operating hours.
- Bin collection: Operating as usual.
- Council works: Kerb and road works and maintenance continuing.
- Recreational Parks: Open for use, but playgrounds and exercise equipment is closed. Users to adhere to strict social distancing measures.
- Walking tracks: Open for recreational use and some may have additional restrictions in place. Users are to adhere to strict social distancing measures and bring their own water bottles.
- Cairns Botanic Gardens: Open with restrictions and users must adhere to social distances measurers. The cafe remains open for takeaway only. The conservatory is closed.
- The Cairns Esplanade: The boardwalk and promenade are open, but people must adhere to social distancing measures. The Aqua Lagoon Café and Muddy’s Cafe are open for takeaway only.
- Cattana Wetlands: Walking tracks and viewing platforms are open, but users must adhere to social distancing measures. Barbecue facilities are closed.
- Sugarworld Gardens: Open with some restrictions and users must adhere to social distances measurers. The playground equipment and barbecue areas are closed.
- Beaches and swimming holes: Remain open, but users must adhere to social distancing measures.
Visit Council’s dedicated coronavirus webpage for the latest information.