All Abilities Latin dance classes, early childhood workshops and NAIDOC celebrations are just some of the events that will benefit from the latest round Council’s Community Services Grant.
Twelve local groups will share in over $35,000 of funding as part of Round 2 of the funding, which helps groups and organisations to design, implement and complete projects that enhance the lives of the communities in the Cairns Regional Council area.
Successful applicants are:
- Cairns Latin Dance Club for Dance Ability Week, $3,280.
- Cairns Regional Community Development and Employment ATSI Corporation for the Meriam Buai Torres Strait Islander Corporation Cairns to deliver the Mabo Day Celebration 2020, $3,603.
- Cairns Children’s Museum for the STEAM with a theme program, $750.
- Far North Queensland Volunteers Inc. for Volunteers in Action, $4,000.
- Crime Stoppers Queensland – Cairns VAC towards promotional activities, $3,112.
- Marlin Coast Meals on Wheels Inc for the 30th Birthday Celebration, $1,360.
- UMI Arts Limited for Celebration of Youth Week, $3,316.
- UMI Arts Limited for NAIDOC Celebration Event, $3,316.
- Tenants Queensland Inc for the Rental Industry Award Program, $2,277.
- Queensland Police-Citizens Youth Welfare Association – Cairns Branch (PCYC) for the Cairns South Community Leadership Development program, $4,000.
- Australia Arakanese Association Cairns Inc for the Australia Arakanese Traditional New Year Water Festival, $3,077.
- Royal Flying Doctors Service (Cairns QLD) for Headspace Cairns to deliver the Tobruk Pool Party, $3,607.