Eight groups will share in more than $36,000 ($36,800) as part of Council’s Local Community Events Grant (Round 14) funding.
The grants support local, not-for-profit organisations to deliver small-scale events that enrich residents’ lives and enhance their communities.
The eight successful applications received a combined cash and in-kind value of $36,800.
- Cairns Indonesian Australia Association Inc, $7000 for the Indonesian Festival.
- Marlin Coast Neighbourhood Centre, $2000 for the Community Fun Day.
- German Austrian Swiss Association FNQ, $4000 for Oktoberfest.
- Bats and Trees Society of Cairns, $4000 for the Bats and Trees Festival 2020.
- Committee for Waste Reduction, $6500 for the Tropical Steampunk Upcycled Workshops.
- Cairns Golf Club, $5000 for the FNQGA Men’s Open Championship
- Surf Life Saving Queensland North Queensland Branch, $2800 for the Surf Life Saving 70th Anniversary Exhibition
- FNQ Taiwanese Friendship Association, $5500 for the Taiwanese Festival 2020.