Standing Committee D
Purpose, responsibilities and powers
The Committee was established on 23 October 2019 as a separate committee to focus on all matters when under Section 175E(6) of the Local Government Act 2009 the majority of Councillors are declaring an interest in accordance with 175D.
Council has resolved that, in accordance with the Local Government Act 2009, the Committee has the delegated authority to consider, assess, and decide any matters relating to Cairns Regional Council which may be delegated by Council to the Committee from time to time.
The Committee, being a standing committee of Council, has no external members. Until determined otherwise by resolution of Council, the Committee members are:
- Mayor Bob Manning (Chair)
- Cr Cathy Zeiger (Deputy Chair)
- Cr Terry James
- Cr Brett Olds
Conduct of meetings
Meetings of the Committee will be open to the public unless the Committee is discussing one of the matters referred to in Section 275 of the Local Government Regulation 2012 where it may resolve to go into closed session for discussion and debate of the matter. However, no vote shall be taken in closed session.
Standing Committee D will commence following the completion of Standing Committee C.
- Wednesday 27 Nov 2019, 09:00 amCouncil Chambers, Level 3, 119-145 Spence Street
- Wednesday 11 Dec 2019, 09:00 amCouncil Chambers, Level 3, 119-145 Spence Street
- Wednesday 22 Jan 2020, 09:00 amCouncil Chambers, Level 3, 119-145 Spence Street
- Wednesday 12 Feb 2020, 09:00 am12 February 2020
- Wednesday 26 Feb 2020, 09:00 amCouncil Chambers, Level 3, 119-145 Spence Street
- Wednesday 11 Mar 2020, 09:00 amCouncil Chambers, Level 3, 119-145 Spence Street