Standing Committee A
Purpose, responsibilities and powers
The Committee was established on 23 October 2019 as a separate committee to focus on all matters delegated to it when, under Section 175E(6) of the Local Government Act 2009 the majority of Councillors are declaring an interest in accordance with 175D.
Council has resolved that in accordance with the Local Government Act 2009, the Committee has the delegated authority to consider, assess, and decide any matters relating to Cairns Regional Council which may be delegated by Council to the Committee from time to time.
The Committee, being a standing committee of Council, has no external members. Until determined otherwise by resolution of Council, the Committee members are:
- Mayor Bob Manning (Chair)
- Cr Linda Cooper (Deputy Chair)
- Cr Brett Moller
- Cr Cathy Zeiger
- Cr Terry James
- Cr Brett Olds
Conduct of meetings
Meetings of the Committee will be open to the public unless the Committee is discussing one of the matters referred to in Section 275 of the Local Government Regulation 2012 where it may resolve to go into closed session for discussion and debate of the matter. However, no vote shall be taken in closed session.
Standing Committee A will commence following the conclusion of the Ordinary Meeting.
- Wednesday 22 Jan 2020, 09:00 amCouncil Chambers, Level 3, 119-145 Spence Street
- Wednesday 12 Feb 2020, 09:00 amCouncil Chambers, Level 3, 119-145 Spence Street
- Wednesday 26 Feb 2020, 09:00 amCouncil Chambers, Level 3, 119-145 Spence Street
- Wednesday 11 Mar 2020, 09:00 amCouncil Chambers, Level 3, 119-145 Spence Street