The Shared Vision Advisory Committee will assist Council and provide a vital communication link between Council and key stakeholders relevant to the development and implementation of the Cairns 2050 Shared Vision. As a result, Council will be better informed of the aspirations and expectations of key stakeholders with respect to the Shared Vision. It is also expected that the Advisory Committee will support Council led advocacy initiatives arising from the Shared Vision.
The primary responsibilities of this Advisory Committee are:
- Provide local knowledge and advice to Council on the development of the Shared Vision and updates to it on an ongoing basis.
- Provide advice to Council on proposed advocacy initiatives and priorities relevant to the Shared Vision.
- Act as a communication link between Council and key stakeholders.
- Where considered appropriate, support and participate in advocacy initiatives led by the Council relating to the Shared Vision and projects and initiatives included therein.
- Champion the shared vision in the wider community.
The Shared Vision Advisory Committee meets twice a year and special meetings may be convened as required.
Next Meeting: Tuesday 8 October 2019
Queries relating to the Shared Vision Advisory Committee should be directed to Council’s Executive Project Officer Nick Masasso. Email email@example.com or phone: 07 4044 3522.
Shared Vision Advisory Committee agenda 21 October 2019 (80.4 KB)
Agenda for the Shared Vision Advisory Committee meeting of 21 October 2019
Shared Vision Agenda 19 February 2019 (132.9 KB)
Shared Vision Advisory Committee agenda Feb 2019
Shared Vision Advisory Committee minutes 21 October 2019 (103.1 KB)
Minutes of the Shared Vision Advisory Committee meeting held 21 October 2019
Shared Vision Meeting Minutes 19 February 2019 (156.6 KB)
Shared Vision Committee meeting minutes Feb 19 2019
Shared Vision terms of reference (238.9 KB)
Shared Vision Committee terms of reference