Bob Manning OAM is a Vietnam Veteran and former CEO of the Cairns Port Authority and Longreach Shire Council.
He was awarded Cairns Citizen of the Year in 2002, and was awarded the Medal of the Order of Australia in 2004 for his service to the Cairns region community through the development and promotion of the tourism, marine and aviation industries.
For meetings with the Mayor, requests for the Mayor to speak and/or provide letters of support please contact the Mayor's Personal Assistant by email email@example.com or (07) 4044 3083.
If you would like to invite the Mayor to participate in your event, please complete the request form ( DOCX, 0.05 MB ) and return it by email with a covering note to firstname.lastname@example.org. The Mayor's schedule will be checked and you will be advised of his availability or otherwise within five days.
To contact the Mayor directly please send an email to email@example.com
Memberships of organisations
- Life Member - Tourism Tropical North Queensland, having served on the Board of the organisation for 15 years, three of these as Chairman
- Honorary Member - Airports Council International, the peak world airport association.
- Patron - Cairns Junior Choral Society/Eisteddfod
- Patron - Australian Red Cross - Cairns
- Patron - Cairns Little Theatre
- Vice Patron - Queensland Life Saving
- Committee Member - FNQ Youth Assistance Fund Committee
- Patron of the 2019 Cairns Relay For Life
Mayor's Discretionary Fund
Please be advised that with the upcoming Local Government Election in March 2020, new legislation prohibits Councillors making new decisions to use their discretionary funds from 1 January in an election year (2020). If you wish to apply for the fund, your applications will have to be received prior to Friday 13 December, to allow for review and processing prior to Council’s shutdown on Tuesday 24 December.
The Mayor's Discretionary Fund is an annual amount provided in each budget to enable the Mayor to respond to emergent requests for financial assistance from community organisations.
Find out more information about Mayor's Discretionary Fund including application process and grants provided.