Mobile: 0438 978 042
Office phone: 07 4044 3071
About Cr Brett Moller
Brett Moller was the elected candidate for Division 1 at the 2020 and 2016 local government elections.
Brett is a fourth generation resident of Division 1 from a pioneering sugar farming family on his father’s side, and a third generation grandson of a Greek emigrant and small business owner on his mother’s side.
He is a respected lawyer previously operating his law offices in the southern corridor communities of Edmonton, Gordonvale and Babinda.
Brett is a former Chair of Ports North, former State President of the Chamber of Commerce and Industry Queensland and a former Director on the Australian Chamber of Commerce Board. He currently serves as Deputy Chair and Secretary of Regional Development Australia Tropical North. His passion is rural and regional towns and cities rejuvenation and revitalisation, and improving the liveability of Cairns wherever residents choose to live, work and play.
In 2020, Brett was awarded a Bravery Medal for his role in rescuing a young Victorian woman from the flooded Behana Creek near his home at Aloomba, back in 2018.
Division 1 extends from Bramston Beach and Eubanangee in the south to the southern part of Edmonton in the north, taking in the communities of Mirriwinni, Babinda, Gordonvale, East Trinity and Fitzroy Island.
Cr Moller is very active, representing Council on the following committees:
- Council’s Works (Infrastructure, Water, Waste & Wastewater) Committee – Chair
- Council’s Governance & Economics Committee – Deputy Chair
- Council's Audit Committee - member
- Cairns Art Gallery Limited - Board member
- Cairns Art Gallery Limited Finance Committee - member
- Cairns River Improvement Trust – member
- Local Authority Waste Management Advisory Committee (LAWMAC) - Deputy Chair
- LGAQ Waste Management and Resource Recovery Advisory Group - member
- FNQ Regional Roads and Transport Group - member