A further suite of 12 job-creating capital projects will be fast-tracked by Cairns Regional Council with funding through the Queensland Government's 2019-2021 Works for Queensland (W4Q) program.
The $14.5 million of funding will be used for Council's endorsed projects (listed below). Works will begin immediately and all projects are to be completed by 30 June 2021.
- Kerb and channel / suburban enhancement program ($3.395 million)
- Pavement rehabilitation - various locations ($3.145 million)
- Footpath renewal - suburban ($1.63 million)
- Footpath renewal - CBD ($1.375 million)
- Crystal Cascades improvements ($1 million)
- Balaclava Road Stage 2 ($750,000)
- Stormwater pipe program - various locations ($755,000)
- Esplanade Plaza upgrade ($650,000)
- White Rock public open space and connectivity upgrades ($600,000)
- Gordonvale Heritage Trail ($600,000)
- Tom Murray Park ($350,000)
- Collins Avenue footpath upgrade ($200,000)