Visit the Works in Progress page to find out about the construction program.
A major road upgrade is planned for Magazine St (from Rinks Cl to Arnold St) and Arnold St (from Johnston St to Magazine St) in Stratford.
This project is expected to be programmed for construction in early 2020 however, construction timeframes are yet to be confirmed.
The project would be staged as follows:
- road pavement upgrade and widening of Magazine St, from Arnold St to Rinks Cl;
- minor drainage works including new layback kerbing on both sides of Magazine St to control stormwater run-off;
- existing car parking adjacent to the sports field in Arnold St to be formalised by line-marking of 19 carparks;
- existing 23 car parks on Magazine St adjacent to the sports field and Gymnasium will be increased to 39 carparks;
- upgrading of street lighting including removal of old timber poles and installation of new LED street lights on steel poles along Magazine St;
- removal of some overhead power lines, and installation of underground electricity.
- upgrade of the Magazine St/Greenbank Rd/Rinks Close 5-way intersection;
- associated line marking;
- upgrading of street lighting around the 5-way intersection.
Concept plans are available to review below. For additional information, please email email@example.com.