Cairns Flying-fox Relocation Management Plan
- Description: Public comment is invited on Council's Cairns Flying-fox Relocation Management Plan.
- Status: Open
- Consultation period: 12:01am 06/01/2020 to 5:00pm 31/01/2020
NOTIFICATION OF PUBLICATION OF PROPOSED PRELIMINARY DOCUMENTATION UNDER THE ENVIRONMENT PROTECTION AND BIODIVERSITY CONSERVATION ACT 1999 (EPBC ACT)
In accordance with Section 95A(3) of the EPBC Act, public comment is invited on a proposed action to be taken at the Cairns City Library, 151 Abbott St, Cairns City QLD 4870.
Cairns Regional Council is seeking approval to carry out the NRA 2019, Cairns Flying-fox Relocation Management Plan, R07, prepared by NRA Environmental Consultants for Cairns Regional Council, 13 December 2019.
The proposed action is that of active management to relocate a roosting colony of Spectacled Flying-fox (Pteropus conspicillatus) currently at the Cairns City Library. The objective is to relocate the Cairns City Flying-fox colony to a suitable alternative site.
This action was determined to be a Controlled Action under the EPBC Act with a Preliminary Documentation level of assessment.
The controlling provision is Subdivision C - ‘Listed threatened species and ecological communities’ (Sections 18 and 18A), specifically the endangered Spectacled Flying-fox (Pteropus conspicillatus).
Have your say
Viewing the Preliminary Documentation Report
Copies of the Preliminary Documentation Report (including all attachments) will be available to view until Friday 31 January 2020 at the following locations:
- Cairns City Library – 151 Abbott St, Cairns QLD 4870.
- Cairns Regional Council – 119-145 Spence Street, Cairns QLD 4870.
- State Library of Queensland – Cultural Precinct, Stanley Place, South Bank, Brisbane QLD 4101
- A PDF version of the documentation can also be downloaded below.
Interested community members can submit feedback by:
- emailing comments to firstname.lastname@example.org, or
- completing the feedback form below, or
- writing to Cairns Regional Council, PO Box 359, Cairns Qld 4870.
- Persons with special needs (e.g. for whom English is a second language or who have vision impairment) are encouraged to contact Council (Phone 1300 69 22 47) to discuss their needs.
All comments must be received by C.O.B. (5pm AEST) Friday 31 January 2020.