Proposed planning scheme major amendments
- Description: Council invites public submissions on proposed major amendments to the CairnsPlan 2016 planning scheme and associated Planning Scheme Policies.
- Status: Open
- Consultation period: 9:00am 17/11/2020 to 11:59pm 31/01/2021
On 11 November 2020, Council resolved to undertake public consultation on a proposed major amendment to the CairnsPlan 2016 planning scheme and associated amendments to its Planning Scheme Policies.
The purpose of the proposed CairnsPlan 2016 Major Amendment is to:
- address feedback from the community and development industry;
- improve the efficiency of the scheme;
- remove unnecessary triggers for development applications;
- update the planning scheme mapping;
- ensure the planning scheme is contemporary and complies with the requirements of the Planning Act 2016; and
- reflect the outcomes of the Freshwater and Stratford Town Planning Survey 2019.
Have your say
Anyone can make a written submission about any aspect of the proposed amendments from 17 November 2020 until midnight on 31 January 2021.
- Read more about making a submission, including how to lodge a submission and what to include in your submission.
Talk to a planner sessions (1, 2, 3 & 7 December)
Council is hosting 30 minute 'Talk to a Planner' sessions at various locations across the region in December 2020. If you would like to discuss the proposed amendments with a Council planner, you can book a session for a group of up to 4 people at one of the locations below.
- Gordonvale - 1 December 2020 (30 minute sessions available from 9:00am to 1:45pm)
Book a session at Gordonvale
- Babinda - 2 December 2020 (30 minute sessions available from 9:00am to 12:00pm)
Book a session at Babinda
- Stratford - 3 December 2020 (30 minute sessions available from 9:00am to 4:00pm)
Book a session at Stratford
- Cairns City - 7 December 2020 (30 minute sessions available from 9:00am to 4:00pm)
Book a session at Cairns City