What do you think of the Cairns city centre?
- Description: We want to get to the bottom of why you come to the Cairns city centre or what's keeping you away.
- Status: Open
- Consultation period: 9:00am 07/10/2019 to 12:00am 25/10/2019
We want to know what you really think about the Cairns city centre.
Residents and visitors are urged to complete the online survey below to provide valuable insight for an independent review into the Cairns CBD.
Council has commissioned Urbis to undertake the review as part of a broad range of initiatives to ensure the heart of the city remains a vibrant precinct with the right mix of shopping and recreational activities.
The anonymous survey seeks to get to the bottom of why you do or not visit the Cairns city centre; what's working and what isn't.
Whether you visit every day or not at all, your frank feedback is needed.
The review is part of a range of CBD initiatives Council is pursuing including:
- An independent review on the CBD's current commercial offerings and guidance by experts on worldwide trends
- Reinstating free parking after 2pm on Saturdays and all day Sundays
- The Sunday on Shields entertainment program
- Reinvigorating Council's Urban Spaces program to give small start-up businesses the opportunity to trial trading in the CBD
- Reinstating a CBD Place Manager to be a key liaison between traders and Council
- A review of lighting and safety in Shields Street
- An overall review of security services in the CBD, outlining future opportunities and advancements in security technologies, and
- A review of wayfinding signage.