Water and Waste Customer Service Standards
The content below is for information purposes only.
- Description: Council's Water and Waste Customer Service Standards are now available for review.
- Status: Closed
- Consultation period: 12:00am 13/07/2020 to 5:00pm 27/07/2020
** Update: the 2020-2025 Customer Service Standards ( PDF, 1.44 MB ) have now been adopted.
As a water service provider to the Cairns community, Council has a legislative requirement under the Water Supply (Safety and Reliability) Act 2008 (the Act) to have Customer Service Standards (CSS). This document is considered a contract outlining a standard level of service between the water service provider and the customer. This is to ensure customers are adequately informed about the service they are receiving, the level of service they can expect to experience and how they interact with the provider. It is also a requirement that the CSS sets target levels of service for the following:
- total water main breaks
- total sewerage main breaks and chokes
- incidence of unplanned interruptions
- water quality complaints
- total water and sewerage complaints and
- average response time for incidents.
Council's Water and Waste Customer Service Standards also include details about how Council will interact with customers, the process for service connections, billing, metering, accounting, customer consultation, complaints and dispute resolution.