Tom Murray Park, Mount Sheridan
The content below is for information purposes only.
- Location: 33-43 Hardy Road, Mount Sheridan
- Description: Tom Murray Park, Mount Sheridan, park upgrades
- Status: Closed
- Consultation period: 12:00am 21/01/2020 to 11:59pm 21/02/2020
- Contact: 4044 3240
Council has developed a concept plan to upgrade Tom Murray Park, in partnership with AFL Cairns. The proposal is to upgrade the ground to enable it to be used by the South Cairns Cutters for training purposes. At all other times the ground will be available to the general public.
The improvements to the ground include:
- The park will be upgraded to enable Junior and Women’s training two nights per week.
- New car parking provided off Hardy Road.
- New toilet and change room facilities.
- Upgraded lighting.
- Ground reprofiling, installation of AFL goal and behind posts, and suitable netting to prevent ball strike to surrounding properties.
- Improved recreation opportunities for the general public. The park will not be fenced or closed to the public.
- Running track around the site to be maintained. Additional fitness equipment and obstacle course to be implemented for enjoyment by the public.
Please read our rules for commenting.comments powered by Disqus