The Lakes Forest Gardens improvements
The content below is for information purposes only.
- Description: Community Consultation for The Lakes, Forest Gardens, park/playground improvements
- Status: Closed
- Consultation period: 12:00am 20/09/2019 to 11:59pm 11/10/2019
As part of Council’s annual renewal program, ‘The Lakes Park’ within Forest Gardens has been scheduled for improvements. Planned works will include:
- remove old multi playground and replace in same location
- new handball court
- additional shelter
- double BBQ
- two picnic sets within shelter
- all-abilities drinking fountain
- additional car parking along Foxtail Street
- existing carousel and swing to remain.
Council would like you to help by choosing your preferred playground option. The proposed options and location for this project are on the downloadable feedback form on this page..
Councillor Cathy Zeiger will be on-site on Thursday 10 October between 4:30pm and 5:30pm and welcomes your input and comments.
Your feedback will be collected via the downloadable feedback form, either post to PO Box 359, Cairns or email to email@example.com. Should you wish to receive a paper copy, please call 4044 3291. Responses are requested before 11 October 2019 along with any constructive comments you may have regarding this project.
Should you have any further enquiries, please contact Council’s Parks and Natural Resources Strategic Planner, Luke Jackson, on 4044 3240.