Salli and John Mitchell Park, proposed half basketball court
The content below is for information purposes only.
- Description: Salli and John Mitchell Park, proposed half basketball court
- Status: Closed
- Consultation period: 12:00am 12/03/2020 to 11:59pm 28/03/2020
- Contact: Luke Jackson, 4044 3240
On 20 January 2020, Council received a petition from a number of Redlynch residents, requesting the installation of a half basketball court at Salli and John Mitchell Park. This petition was presented at Council’s Ordinary Meeting on 26 February 2020 and it was resolved:
1. That Council notes that officers had previously proposed a basketball half court in this locale and therefore supports the petition’s request for this to be reconsidered; and
2. Subject to consultation with adjoining neighbours that this now be incorporated into the rolling parks infrastructure program.
Salli and John Mitchell Park is accessed by two street frontages: corner of Jungara Road and Elkhorn Close and off Eucalyptus Drive.
The petition did not nominate a preferred location for the half court. Given the uneven landforms at the site, it is considered that the most suitable location for a half court would be on the flat section between Eucalyptus Street and the drain in the park.
Feedback on this project has now closed.