Our Cairns 2020
The content below is for information purposes only.
- Description: The Our Cairns survey is the biggest survey conducted in this city. It aims to identify the community's needs and desires for the future of Cairns from a social, liveability, economic and cultural perspective.
- Status: Closed
- Consultation period: 12:00pm 27/08/2020 to 5:00pm 16/10/2020
The Our Cairns survey is the biggest survey conducted in this city and is aimed at identifying the needs and desires of the community to guide the future of Cairns from a social, liveability, economic and cultural perspective. The first Our Cairns survey was conducted in 2016 and attracted 6400 respondents.
* The survey closed 5pm on Friday 16 October 2020. Results will be published in due course.
The 2020 survey contains 3 parts:
- General questions about things like liveability, facilities and services, traffic congestion, disaster resilience, the economy, the environment, higher density, arts and culture.
- Questions on topical issues like:
- One-laning of CBD streets
- Whether Council should start suburban security patrols
- Whether dogs should be allowed in the CBD
- Should cyclists be banned from CBD footpaths
- Whether Cairns should host a Schoolies Week
- Whether people should be allowed to drink alcohol on the Esplanade and other foreshore areas.
- Questions on Council’s performance in providing the community with services and facilities.\