Inter-suburban link road – Kewarra Beach and Trinity Beach
The content below is for information purposes only.
- Description: Feedback is being reviewed regarding a new link road between Kewarra Beach and Trinity Beach
- Status: Closed
- Consultation period: 9:00am 07/08/2020 to 5:00pm 06/10/2020
Plans have been developed for an inter-suburban connection road between Kewarra Beach and Trinity Beach.
As shown on the concept plan ( PDF, 1.68 MB ), the proposed alignment involves the extension of Miami Rd in Kewarra Beach to join with Baler and Cayley Sts in Trinity Beach.
The new link, identified in various strategic documents such as Council’s Planning Scheme (Transport Network Overlay) and the Local Government Infrastructure Plan (LGIP), will provide the following benefits:
- Reduced travel time for trips between Trinity Beach and Kewarra Beach;
- Improved running time for Sunbus servicing Trinity Beach and Kewarra Beach;
- Improved pedestrian and cycling connectivity within the catchment;
- Removing local trips from the Captain Cook Highway, improving safety and reducing congestion on the highway, and providing another entry/exit option to Kewarra Beach which is presently limited to only one entry/exit via Poolwood Rd;
- Improved access to places like the Trinity Anglican School and the Trinity Beach Sporting Precinct from the local area; and
- Safety and car parking improvements around the Trinity Beach Sporting Precinct (parking and traffic flow within the precinct will also be one of the priorities of future funding allocated towards the Trinity Beach sporting precinct master plan).
Council has received Roads to Recovery (R2R) funding for the link project from the Federal Government. The R2R Program provides funds to upgrade and maintain local road infrastructure assets which facilitates greater access for all road users, and improves safety, economic and social outcomes.
The project would involve:
- widening Miami Rd 2.9 metres to provide a 10 metre wide sealed road;
- providing a crossing over the drain at the end of the existing section of Miami Rd;
- upgrading Baler St, as well as the intersections of Poolwood Rd and Miami Rd, Trinity Beach Rd and Cayley St, and Cayley St and Baler St.
Please submit any feedback regarding this proposal to Council via the Feedback Form below by Friday 4 September 2020.
Any project enquiries can be emailed to email@example.com.
Please note that the feedback period has been extended to MONDAY 5 OCTOBER 2020.