Holloways Beach foreshore improvement works - update
The content below is for information purposes only.
- Description: Have your say on the additional works proposed for the Holloways Beach foreshore improvement plan
- Status: Closed
- Consultation period: 12:00am 25/09/2018 to 12:00am 12/10/2018
Additional elements are planned for the Holloways Beach foreshore improvement works. They form part of the overall foreshore improvement project with the current intent being to complete the works by June 2019.
- The introduction of a pedestrian crossing to provide a crossing point for residents and tourists to safely traverse between properties and the foreshore. The pedestrian crossing will be a raised platform crossing, to provide a safe, low-speed crossing opportunity. In order for the safety standards to be achieved, additional street lighting will also be installed on each of the approach roads. The pedestrian crossing will extend across Oleander St, on the bend, near the Cairns Beach Resort, replacing the existing informal crossing point.
- Construction of new kerb and channel and footpath from Strait on the Beach Café extending to the corner of Hibiscus Lane.
- Road pavement rehabilitation works on Oleander Street from the Matthew Street bend to just past Guava Street.
Head to the Holloways Beach foreshore improvement page for more information about the project.
To provide feedback, please call 4044 3326 or email email@example.com