Cairns City Centre Master Plan opportunities
- Description: Explore opportunities and preliminary concepts for Esplanade Parklands, Esplanade Dining Precinct, Gallery Precinct and City Streets.
- Status: Closed
- Consultation period: 7:00am 17/07/2018 to 11:59pm 15/08/2018
- Contact: email@example.com
Throughout April 2018, Council sought public input as the first step in developing a new Cairns City Centre Master Plan to guide the city's ongoing evolution as a vibrant, liveable space for all. The community had a say on three project ideas - a renewed Esplanade Parklands, an Esplanade Dining Precinct, and the Gallery Precinct.
A total of 2422 respondents took part in this initial engagement process, telling us what is important to them, what they value most and what issues they'd like to see addressed in a new Master Plan. Read more in the Consultation Snapshot ( PDF, 1.88 MB ).
Opportunities and concepts
Reflecting this feedback and suggestions, we have developed a suite of opportunities and preliminary concept sketches for public review and comment. Specific opportunities have been identified for
- Esplanade Parklands (northern end, central and southern end including Fogarty Park)
- Esplanade Dining Precinct
- Gallery Precinct
- City Streets
Visit our interactive online consultation site to explore these project opportunities and tell us what you think about each one. You can also email your feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org. The consultation period closes 15 August 2018.