Car parking changes - Minnie St and Grafton St consultation
The content below is for information purposes only.
- Description: Changes to car parking are proposed for Minnie St (Sheridan St to Abbott St) and Grafton St (Minnie St to Upward St).
- Status: Closed
- Consultation period: 9:00am 09/03/2018 to 5:00pm 06/04/2018
Council proposes to create more car parking spaces in Minnie St and Grafton St as part of the overall parking changes within the busy Hospital precinct.
An additional 105 car parking spaces could be created by:
- introducing new centre median parking bays and tree islands,
- modifying, removing and/or replacing existing centre median and road shoulder islands;
- relocating street lighting poles; and
- introducing new u-turn facilities on both ends of the blocks.
The above changes would result in several tree removals. New street tree plantings would be undertaken to replace these trees. Car parks in this area would be 8-hour free bays.
Council is interested in hearing what you think about this proposal - please review the plans in the For Download section below.
To submit feedback or to request further information, please contact Council on (07) 4044 3303 or email firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 6 April 2018.