Cairns CBD & Environs Drainage Management Plan
The content below is for information purposes only.
- Location: Aeroglen, Bayview Heights, Bungalow, Cairns City, Cairns North, Earlville, Edge Hill, Kanimbla, Manoora, Manunda, Mooroobool, Parramatta Park, Portsmith, Westcourt, Whitfield and Woree
- Description: Seeking information from the community about flooding and drainage issues in the Cairns CBD and Environs Catchment
- Status: Closed
- Consultation period: 12:00am 09/11/2018 to 11:59pm 14/12/2018
If you have experienced flooding and/or drainage problems within the CBD and Environs catchment…we want to hear from you!
Cairns Regional Council is in the process of updating the Cairns CBD and Environs Drainage Management Plan – a key document that helps Council in the management of flooding.
An updated version of the management plan is required in response to:
- significant development in the almost 20 years since the original plan was prepared
- updated regulations and guidelines
- climate change projections.
The updated management plan will help Council to:
- confirm the water flow paths and flooding hot spots
- review current stormwater infrastructure
- identify drains for upgrading or improvement
- identify new structures that will help reduce flooding.
In order to inform this important update, Council is seeking information regarding flooding and drainage matters relevant to the Cairns CBD and Environs catchment via a short, online survey.
Local knowledge and personal experiences of flooding and drainage matters are a valuable source of data for this study.
The survey should take less than 10 minutes to complete and is open until Friday 14 December 2018.
For further information regarding this study, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 4044 3303.
No identifying information will be collected for this study. We encourage you to share supporting evidence such as photographs and videos in your survey response. If you wish to do so, please upload when prompted.
If you have a specific flooding or drainage matter not directly related to this project, please head to the report a problem page of our website and complete the online form.