Coastal changes affect a number of locations and communities throughout the Cairns region, and we want to work with you to develop a plan that will make us all ‘future ready’.
Throughout the coming phases of the Our Cairns Coast project, there will be opportunities for you to tell us:
- what areas of the coast you value and use (early to mid 2019)
- your thoughts about areas impacted and how at-risk they are (early to mid 2020)
- your ideas about adaptation options to reduce the impacts (early to mid 2020)
- comments on the draft strategy (mid 2020)
We know that our community values the Cairns coast, and we invite residents and business operators to tell us what it means to them. We will use your feedback to help identify ways to reduce coastal impacts on these important areas.
Take our anonymous, online survey to tell us:
- how you use the beaches and foreshores, and
- what you value about our Cairns coast.
The survey will be open for responses from 7 March to 30 June 2019.
You can also visit Council's information booths at the following community events to find out more about the project and to provide your feedback.
- Palm Cove markets, 7 April
- Tanks Arts Centre markets, 28 April
- Holloways Beach markets, 12 May
- Gordonvale markets, 1 June
- Cairns ECOfiesta, 2 June