Terms and Conditions
Do you have an event, festival, celebration or important date that the Cairns regional community would like to know about?
Terms and conditions:
- Events or activities must align with the ECOweek ethos and promote sustainability and/or the natural environment.
- Events or activities must be open and have broad appeal to the general community within the Cairns Regional Council area. We will not list 'members only' events, events for discrete interest groups, or activities where participants are required to be affiliated with the organisers.
- Events or activities must be located within the Cairns Regional Council area, or be deemed relevant to our residents and visitors.
- Events relating to or held by a group which conflicts with Council's corporate mission/vision will not be listed.
- To provide fair exposure to all community events listed on this calendar, listings for exhibitions (eg, art gallery exhibitions, touring displays etc) will be published for a maximum of seven (7) days only from the opening date of the exhibition.
- You should only submit your listing once you have secured all necessary permits, licences, insurances and other relevant approvals for your event.
- Requests need to be submitted at least 2 weeks prior to the event date. Submissions will not be accepted more than twelve months in advance.
- Inclusion in the event calendar is not guaranteed; you will be advised if your event is not suitable for the calendar. Council is not liable for any loss or damage incurred by an event organiser as a result of failure or delay in listing an event.
- All listings are subject to editorial discretion. Cairns Regional Council reserves the right to reject any listing request and to remove any listing.
- The person submitting the listing must ensure information supplied is accurate and information is kept up to date, and must notify Council as soon as possible of any changes. A nominated contact person and contact number must be supplied for all event listings.
- Council's events calendar is provided without any warranties or guarantees the service will be error free and without disruption.