Deceased animals

The land owner is responsible for removing deceased animals from private property. Council can assist by providing details of private removal services.

Council and the Environment Protection Agency are responsible for removing deceased animals from public areas.

Ring Council on 1300 69 22 47 to report a deceased animal on public land, such as roadways, parks and reserves, drains and creeks.

If the animal is below the high water mark – it's in the water or an area where water is often present – contact the Environment Protection Agency on 4046 6600.

When reporting a deceased animal provide as much information on the location of the animal as is possible.

Information on pest management

Last updated: 13 October 2017