Get your pet microchipped for just $20 at one of three microchipping days across the city.
Microchips are the most reliable way of identifying your pet. Unlike name tags and Council rego tags, they don't get lost.
If your pet is microchipped and becomes lost, we can quickly scan your pet, check their details, and endeavour to return your furry family member to you.
Events will be held from 9.30am to 1.30pm at:
- Cannon Park, Woree - 15 May (dogs and cats)
- Ravizza Park, Edmonton - 29 May (dogs only)
- Smithfield Library grounds - June 12 (dogs only)
Please note, that for your pet's safety, cats can only be microchipped at Cannon Park on 15 May.
Offer valid for residents of the Cairns Regional Council area.
No pet rego?
If your pet's not registered, that's ok, we're not checking.
Obviously, we would prefer your pet to be registered with Council. If you wish to register your dog for the first time on the day, we will throw in the microchip for free.
Rego fees: $42 or $21 with a pensioner rebate
You don't need to register for these events, however, pre-registration will save you time on the day as you want need to fill in paperwork.
It also allows us to plan so we can make sure we have sufficient vet staff available.
Pre-register by filling in your details below and accepting the terms and conditions.
Terms and conditions
By participating in Council's subsidised microchipping days you:
- Confirm you are the legal owner of the cat or dog being microchipped
- Confirm all details provided to Council are true and correct
- Consent to Council entering the details provided in the Global Animal Registry
- Consent to Council, vets or other third parties accessing your details in the Global Animal Registry for the purpose of returning a lost pet
- Understand it's your responsibility to keep your microchip details up to date
- Agree to pay $20 per pet microchipped
- Agree to have your dog on a lead, or cat in a carrier, at all times while at the event, unless directed otherwise
Your information, and information about your pet, is provided for the express purpose of microchipping your pet. It will not be retained or used by Council for any other purpose (eg we won't cross reference our registered pet database) unless we have your prior consent, for instance, you decide to register your pet on the day or wish us to add your micrcohip details to your pet registration.
By attending this event, you:
- Agree to provide your personal details using the QR code at the venue for contact tracing purposes as required by Queensland Health
- Declare you do not have any COVID-19 symptoms; are not in, nor been directed, to quarantine; or have been overseas or in a declared COVID-19 hotspot in the 14 days (or other period as specified by Queensland Health) prior to the event
Residents are encouraged to use contactless payment (eftpos or credit card); use the hand santiser provided; and maintain 1.5m from others where possible.