The membership of Council's Flying-fox Advisory Committee (FFAC) includes:
- two elected representatives
- two invited experts
- two community representatives
- one representative from a suitable animal welfare group
- Council Officers
- Invited representatives of various local, state and federal government departments.
Former committee members:
- Cr Greg Fennell, December 2015 - March 2016
- Connie Kerr, December 2015 - March 2017
- Heather Owen, December 2015 - January 2017
- Dr Martin Cohen, December 2015 - January 2018
Former committee members that may return - hidden
Connie Kerr (image: 182071)
Connie was born and grew up on a farm in northern NSW, where she quickly developed a love for animals. Connie spent 15 years working in office administration, developing a strong business background, before becoming involved in wildlife rescue and care in 2000.
Connie now devotes the majority of her time to wildlife care, with her primary love being working with bats. Connie strongly believes that protecting and providing healthy habitat is the cornerstone on which all wildlife depends. Connie looks forward to being able to make a lasting and positive difference to this unique and special environment; for the long-term future and generations to come.
Heather Owen (image: 182072)
Heather has been a wildlife carer for more than ten years, with the last 5 or more years mostly dedicated to bats. Heather is a past secretary and Rescue Centre Manager for FNQ Wildlife Rescue.
Heather works full time but is still involved with bats, as is one of her teenage children, and plays an integral role in caring for and rescuing bats during the busy breeding season.
Heather has worked tirelessly as a liaison between Council and local bat advocates in recent years, retaining good relationships with all involved.