If you are new to Cairns and looking to connect with your community, you can get in touch with these people or services
- Centacare Multicultural Services - Centacare is a registered charity that provides free settlement support to migrants (including refugees and special humanitarian entrants) primarily from non-English speaking backgrounds.
- Phone: (07) 4242 1058
- Email: email@example.com
- Cairns Regional Council Multicultural Community Services Officer
- Phone: (07) 4044 3568
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Queensland Multicultural Resource Directory - This Queensland Government tool provides a comprehensive listing of more than 900 key organisations with an ethnic community focus in Queensland. The Directory does not list private businesses.
- Cairns Community Radio FM89.1 - The community radio station is operated by volunteers and local multicultural groups provide 30 hours of Indigenous and multicultural programming a week.
- Phone: (+61) 7 4053 6891
- Email: email@example.com
The Economic Profile presents economic information that enables you to describe the area's role within the broader economy, explore options for economic development and promote the area's strengths. The information presented here is derived from official sources of information (Australian Bureau of Statistics) as well as Australia's leading economic modellers, NIEIR. The latest data from each series is always presented in this
The Community Profile provides demographic analysis for the Cairns LGA and its suburbs based on results from Censuses of Population and Housing. The profile is updated with population estimates when the Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) releases new figures. Use this profile to find out about the people of Cairns including age, ethnicity, education, employment, income, types of households and much more.
The Social Atlas presents Census data in a visual form, as a series of thematic maps that show how particular population groups (elderly, disadvantaged, students, public transport users etc.) are distributed across the Cairns LGA, suburbs, or even SA1 catchment areas. Analysis is provided for the selected topic to assist in understanding the displayed data.
Translating and interpreting services
The Australian Government, through the Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP), provides translating and interpreting services for people who do not speak English and for English speakers needing to communicate with them.
The Translating and Interpreting Services (TIS national) operates nationally and is available to any person or organisation requiring interpreting services. The interpreting service is provided 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. TIS National is accessible from anywhere in Australia for the cost of a local call. For more information visit their website or Telephone: 131 450.