Council provides an extensive range of community services to foster social well-being.
Community halls & centres
- Listing of all available community halls & centres ( PDF, 0.03 MB )
- Aloomba Community Hall
- Bellenden Ker Memorial Hall
- Brinsmead Community Hall
- Edmonton Down Park Community Hall
- Gordonvale Community Hall
- Hambledon House Community Centre
- Holloways Beach Community Hall
- Kewarra Beach Community Hall
- Stratford Community Hall
- Trinity Beach Community Hall
- Woree Community Hall
- Yorkeys Knob Community Centre
Southern Suburbs News
The monthly "Southern Suburbs News" newsletter provides information about programs and activities offered by Hambledon House Community Centre and in the southern suburbs area.
- Download the current issue of "Southern Suburbs News" ( PDF, 1.25 MB )
Cairns Regional Council is committed to fostering an inclusive, cohesive and open community that encourages people to connect with those who live in their neighbourhood.
A great neighbourhood is one that is caring, cohesive, safe, and welcoming. It is also where neighbours are proud of their street and take ownership of the neighbourhood they live in.
Having good neighbours can make a big difference to our lives, and goes a long way to creating a happy, healthy and peaceful environment for all. If we all play our part, we can build lasting friendships and strong communities in our neighbourhoods.
Living in Cairns (Residents guide)
Council has produced a handy guide to living, working and playing in Cairns. You can view an e-book version of the Living in Cairns guide online. Hard copies are available from Council's Customer Service Centre in Cairns and at all Cairns Library branches. You may also request a hard copy by phoning Council on 1300 69 22 47 or email email@example.com.