Council has prepared a Local Government Infrastructure Plan (LGIP) which forms part of Council's current planning scheme - Cairns Plan 2016 Version 2.0.
Cairns Plan 2016 Version 2.0 was adopted by Council on 28 August 2019 and commenced on 9 September 2019.
The purpose of the LGIP is to:
- integrate infrastructure planning with the land use planning identified in CairnsPlan 2016;
- provide transparency regarding Council’s intentions for the provision of trunk infrastructure for the Region;
- enable Council to estimate the cost of infrastructure provision to assist its long term financial planning;
- ensure that trunk infrastructure is planned and provided in an efficient and orderly manner; and
- provide a basis for the imposition of conditions about infrastructure on development approvals.
The LGIP identifies trunk infrastructure plans for the following five networks that provide essential services for development:
- water supply;
- public parks and land for community facilities.
Council’s LGIP and supporting information:
If you would like any further information please contact Council at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 1300 69 22 47.