(also known as Subdivision Plan Application and or Survey Plan Endorsement)
If your development involves a subdivision that realigns a property boundary or creates new titles (in freehold or strata), easements and/or covenants, Cairns Regional Council must approve the subdivision plan. Council approves (also known as sealing) the subdivision plan once the development is finalised and all approval conditions have been met. This is done in accordance with section 69 of the Planning Regulation 2017.
You will need to have your plan sealed by Council prior to lodging the plan for registration with the Queensland Government's Titles Registry Office. Original subdivision plans must not be bent or folded as this may lead to rejection of the plans upon lodgement. It is recommended that where possible, subdivision plan applications be submitted in-person to Council's Customer Service Centre at 119-145 Spence Street, Cairns.
To help Council process your plan-sealing request quickly and efficiently, please ensure that all relevant supporting information is lodged with your request. You will need to ensure that the appropriate application fee, levied rates and any Infrastructure Charges are paid, and the below form is completed.
What to lodge with my Survey Plan
You will need to provide the following information with your Subdivision Plan Endorsement application:
- Completed Subdivision Plan Endorsement Application Form;
- Proof of payment of the correct application fee;
- Original Subdivision Plan;
- 1 x A3 Copy of the Subdivision Plan;
- Itemised written & photographic proof that all conditions of any Development Approvals have been met in full;
- Signed Declaration from property owner/s that all information supplied is correct;
- Original Community Management Statement (if applicable);
- Copy of Operational Works, Works Acceptance Certificate (if applicable);
- Easement and covenant documents (if applicable);
- Proof of payment of all rates & water charges; and
- Proof of payment of all Infrastructure Charges (updated to the current quarter - must be paid 7 working days prior to Council endorsing the plan).
The above information, other than the mandatory original documents, may be supplied to Council in PDF format via USB, CD, or email. It is preferred that the electronic submission be a combined single PDF Document without password protection in the order indicated above.
- Prior to payment of any Infrastructure Charges please ensure that all fees have been updated to the current quarter. Please contact Council’s Planner of the Day at email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
- Please be advised that under the Planning Regulation 2017, Schedule 18, Council has 20 working days in which to issue an approval or refusal.
Where I can lodge my Survey Plan
|By Person||Over the counter at Council's Customer Service Center|
119-145 Spence Street
CAIRNS QLD 4870
This office is open from 8am to 5pm weekdays (excluding public holidays)
|By Mail||Cairns Regional Council|
Attention: Manager, Strategic Planning & Approvals
PO Box 359
CAIRNS QLD 4870
Go to the Department of Natural Resources and Mines website for more information regarding the endorsement of subdivision plans.