Also known as Subdivision Plan Application and or Survey Plan Endorsement
If your development involves the creation of new lots or units with common property (Building Format Plan), Cairns Regional Council must approve the new subdivision plan in accordance with section 69 of the Planning Regulation 2017, prior to lodgement with the Department of Natural Resources and Mines – Titles Registry Office.
Council approves the subdivision plan once the development is finalised and all conditions of all related approvals have been met.
To assist Council in efficiently processing your subdivision plan, your properly made application should include the following:
- A full completed Subdivision Plan Endorsement Application form ( PDF, 0.96 MB );
- An original subdivision plan or electronic copy (with a copy of the Titles Registry Form 18A)
- Full proof of compliance with all conditions of any Development Permit for Reconfiguring a Lot, Material Change of Use, Operational Works and all other approvals relating to the application. Evidence of compliance may include, but not limited to:
- Itemised written and photographic proof demonstrating compliance with all conditions of related approvals;
- Original Community Management Statement (where applicable);
- Operational Works, Works Acceptance Certificate (where applicable);
- Easement and/or Covenant documentation (where applicable); and
- Evidence from essential service providers to demonstrate all lots are serviced by electricity and telecommunications.
- The application fee (refer to Building and Development - Fees and Charges. More than one fee may apply for applications that cover multiple application types); and
- Ensure that all rates, water and levied Infrastructure Charges are paid in full prior to application lodgement.
Please ensure that the application is completed and submitted with all supporting documentation to avoid delays. Applications that do not address all the relevant conditions of approval and/or submitted in parts will be subject to the issue of a Not Properly Made Application Notice. The Application will be deemed Not Properly Made until all required information is provided.
For existing units (duplexes and the like without separate titles and common property) approved under Council's previous Planning Instruments and Bylaws, please check with Council's Planning Approvals team to confirm compliance and any outstanding infrastructure charges before lodging an Application to endorse the Survey Plan, on what proof of compliance may need to be provided with your application. Please contact TownPlanner@cairns.qld.gov.au.
Where I can lodge my Survey Plan
|By Person||Over the counter at Council's Customer Service Centre|
119-145 Spence Street
CAIRNS QLD 4870
This office is open from 8:30am to 4:30pm weekdays (excluding public holidays)
|By Mail (Must not be folded or bent)||Cairns Regional Council|
Attention: Manager, Strategic Planning & Approvals
PO Box 359
CAIRNS QLD 4870
Email to: email@example.com
A completed Form 18A must accompany electronic applications if electronic approval is sought.
If the Application to endorse the plan requires an Easement, Covenant and/or Community Management Scheme to be endorsed by Council, then electronic approval will not be available in accordance with Titles Office Directives. The original documents and plan will need to be provided to Council for Wet Signing.
Go to the Department of Natural Resources and Mines website for more information regarding the endorsement of subdivision plans.