A properly made application should include:
- A cover letter;
- (Operational Works Applications for Landscaping) must include DA Form 1, obtained from Department of State Development, Manufacturing, Infrastructure and Planning (DSDMIP) or (Landscaping Endorsement Applications) must include the Application for Endorsement of Landscaping Plans
- Plans in accordance with the Planning Scheme Policy - Landscaping ( PDF, 1.11 MB ) guideline;
- All supporting information required to assist with the assessment of the development application (such as arborist or environmental report and vegetation protection, restoration and remediation plan/specifications, traffic management plans/guidance schemes, visual impact assessments, details of fencing;
- An assessment against the planning scheme CairnsPlan2016 v1.2;
- Payment of relevant application fees, (please refer to Development Fees & Charges. More than one fee may apply for applications that cover multiple application types); and
- Where a professional landscape architect/landscape designer has been engaged, they are also responsible for supplying a statement of compliance.
The Operational Works application should be a standalone application whereby all relevant plans and information referred to is supplied together for assessment. The Operational Works application should not have to rely on other applications already submitted or reports yet to be obtained from other sources.