Basic maintenance such as repairing cracks or sealing the crossover area does not need council approval.
A properly-made application should include the following items:
- a cover letter;
- DA Form 1 obtained from the Department of State Development, Manufacturing, Infrastructure and Planning (DSDMIP);
- Statement of Compliance for Operational Works Design, obtained from Far North Queensland Regional Organisation of Councils (FNQROC);
- Plans (to scale) in support of the application, including but not limited to:
- illustrating the functional layout;
- road/stormwater/sewer/water/landscaping works including vegetation protection and removal/excavation/fill earthworks; and
- erosion and sediment control.
- an assessment against the current planning scheme CairnsPlan 2016; and
- payment of relevant application fees (refer to Building and Development Fees and Charges). More than one fee may apply for applications that cover multiple application types.
In accordance with the provisions of the Planning Act 2016, please allow 35 business days for processing of the application and final approval. Where Council requires more information during the course of the assessment, this timeframe may extend out subject to the responsiveness of the applicant addressing the request for more information items.
A Confirmation Notice is not an approval to commence driveway and access crossover works.
Construction must not start until you have received the Decision Notice from Council.