Reconfiguring A Lot
Creating lots by subdividing another lot, amalgamating two or more lots, rearranging boundaries, creating an easement to give access from a road, dividing land into parts by agreement.
Material Change Of Use
Start of a new use, re-establishment of a use that was abandoned, or a material increase in the intensity or scale of the use of the premises.
Material change of use applications will need to identify the proposed use. Use definitions can be found in Schedule 1.1 of the CairnsPlan 2016(CairnsPlan 2016).
Covers a range of different activities, such as:
Building, repairing, altering, underpinning (vertical or lateral support), moving or demolishing a building or other structure.
Plumbing Or Drainage Work
Domestic and commercial plumbing and drainage works, including on-site sewerage facilities.
Last updated: 16 June 2020
- Building works
- Accommodation venues
- Activities on Council land
- Advertising Devices
- What is busking?
- Do I need a permit to busk?
- How do I apply for a busking permit?
- Does it cost to get a busking permit?
- Do I need to audition?
- Where can I busk?
- When can I busk?
- Can I busk at a shopping centre?
- Can I sell CDs or other promotional items?
- Can I busk if I arrive after the start of the hour?
- I want to complain about a busker's behaviour. How do I report this?
- What is Public Liability Insurance and do I need it?
- What is a dangerous material or implement?
- How much is the fine for busking without a permit or breaching permit conditions?
- I am under 16 do I need adult supervision?
- Busking FAQs
Food safety and licensing
- Legislation and regulations
- Fixed Premises
- Mobile Food Vehicle
- Home-based food business
- Temporary food business
- Non-profit organisations
- Taking over a food business
- Renovating or changing
- Food Safety Program
- Food safety training
- Food Safety Supervisor
- Personal appearance services
- Trade waste
Business & Economic Development
- Starting & growing your business
- Economic development strategies
- City Centre Review
- Invest in Cairns - in your language
- Keep it in Cairns
- Cairns Resilient Businesses Network
- Understanding development
- Making a development application
- Development Applications online
- Infrastructure charges
- Siting dispensation (Referral Agency)
- Property Report tool
- Land record & property searches
- Operational Works
CairnsPlan 2016 Version 2.1
- CairnsPlan 2016 Version 2.1 Document
- CairnsPlan 2016 Version 2.1 PDF Maps
- CairnsPlan 2016 v2.1 Interactive Mapping
- Cairns Plan 2016 v2.1 Planning Scheme Policies
- CairnsPlan 2016 v2.1 Factsheets
- Cairns LGIP
Superseded planning schemes
- CairnsPlan 2016 Version 2.0
- CairnsPlan 2016 v1.3
- CairnsPlan 2016 v1.2
- CairnsPlan 2016 v1.1
- CairnsPlan 2016 v1.0
- CairnsPlan 2009
- CairnsPlan 2005
- Part of Cairns - Superseded
- Balance of Cairns - Superseded
- CairnsPlan 2016 Amendments
- Property Report tool
- CairnsPlan 2016 Major amendment
- CairnsPlan 2016 Version 2.1
- Cairns 2050 Shared Vision